The North Coast Aquatics Boosters was created in 1979 as a Non-profit organization to support fundraising for North Coast Aquatics. This organization generated financial support to NCA for all annual expenses of the swim club except for coaches salaries and pool rents. To insure compliance with IRS Non-profit requirements and to maximize resources for families with financial hardship, North Coast Aquatics Boosters was restructured in October of 2016. The previous boosters board of directors approved this change unanimously. The new organization has retained the original 501c3 Non-profit status and as mandated by the new bylaws, consists of 5 directors: president, secretary, chief financial officer and 2 members at large. Team owner, Jeff Pease, will serve as president of the board. The board will also include one past or present parent of a member of NCA, and three members of the business community without connections to NCA.
The purpose of the boosters organization will be the following:
- Administer the Kay Pentz Scholarship.
- Provide financial assistance for swimmers who experience financial hardship.
- Provide financial support for special events like the “Go For The Gold” or Team Relay event that supports local charities.
- Provide community outreach for children who cannot afford learn to swim programs with our existing partners, including the Boys & Girls Clubs of Carlsbad, the City of Carlsbad and the La Jolla Jewish Community Center.
- Reach out to NCA Alums and the greater San Diego business community to attract corporate and community grants to support NCA athletes’ training and travel needs.
For more information on the North Coast Aquatics Boosters organization contact Head Coach Jeff Pease directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or board chief financial officer Dave Pelling at email@example.com